[PlanetCCRMA] OpenMusic error: can't find -lgtk-canvas on Red Hat 8

Tue Mar 16 18:08:02 2004

> Today I installed OpenMusic from PlanetCCRMA on a Red Hat 8 system;
> apt-get installed the packages omlinux, clg, and gtk-canvas.
> Trying to run omlinux, I get an error message about not being
> able to find -lgtk-canvas [= libgtk-canvas, I think].
>
> Usually, "missing" newly installed libraries are cured by editing
> /etc/ld.so.conf and rerunning ldconfig.  However, after doing that,
> omlinux still refused to start, with the same error message.

Hmmm, which omlinux version got installed? I just released a newer
version of omlinux today and probably it is not yet in the mirrors. If
you have omlinux 4.7.1.beta you need to install gtk-canvas-devel and
midishare-player-devel...

The new package (4.7.2.beta-1) has this dependency error fixed.

Caveats: make sure you have /dev/MidiShare, and that it is rw for the
user, "mknod /dev/MidiShare c 151 0" otherwise (this is fixed in the
latest midishare packages, still in the Planet Edge repository). Plus
the midishare kernel module has to be loaded
("/etc/rc.d/init.d/MidiShare start").

-- Fernando