[PlanetCCRMA] added: ALPHA version of Planet Core components for FC2

Thu Jun 24 12:50:02 2004

> I played with 2.6's jackd again last night, with the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL
> trick (assuming I spelt it right ;), but I still cound't get anything like
> relaible realtime performance.

I think that is the correct spelling.

I still get weird behavior and I haven't had time to do any more
testing. I noticed something yesterday. I would start qjackctl, then
hydrogen and a bunch of other apps (pipe hydrogen through freqtweak and
jackeq). I would start hydrogen playing one of the demos. All goes well,
no xruns. Finally it stops, start it again and do this a couple of
times. Fine. Then do nothing, and after a little while (10-15 secs?) I
would get a storm of xruns. Then all is well again. I managed to repeat
this a couple of times. Has to be a coincidence that I did not get xruns
while hydrogen was running, right? Everything _is_ running all the
time... I'll try again later.

-- Fernando