[PlanetCCRMA] added: ALPHA version of Planet Core components for FC2

Sun Jun 20 11:07:00 2004

On Sun, 2004-06-20 at 09:57, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 06:21:58 -0700, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > Hi all. To the few (I hope) users of Fedora Core 2 that are happily
> > experimenting with the bleeding edge: the Planet CCRMA repository now
> > includes a first alpha version (you have been warned) of the Planet Core
> > components (a 2.6.7 kernel and ALSA 1.0.5 just fresh out from CVS).
>
> I've just tried it briefly (I dont have time to build the wireless driver
> for it, so I cant stay in it for now).
>
> It booted fine, and nothing exploded, but the realtime-ness didn't seem
> very good. Possibly I didn't invoke it correctly.
>
> When I started it from qjackctl I got the printf storm xrun feedback
> problem.  Running it from the command line it was a bit better, but I
> still had a problem with the "maximum time of something xxx.yyyy,
> restarting" messages. My suscpicion is that theres more to it than that
> though.  I guess I should get on with that message patch incase to see if
> it helps.

Aw rats, I have to release a patched version of jack for fc2, there are
some initializations missing in the realtime thread creation code that
should not make a difference, but apparently do (ie: I explicitly set
what should be the default). I think you are seeing the same problems I
was seeing until I added that.

-- Fernando