[PlanetCCRMA] CMN and emacs in Planet CCRMA

Dave Phillips dlphilp@bright.net
Thu Jun 17 10:14:00 2004

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

>On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 19:48, Dave Phillips wrote:
>

>>What's the best way to use CMN with GNU emacs ?
>>

>I normally use ilisp under xemacs...

Okay. First I had to figure what ilisp meant...

>>Is there a CMN editing mode ?
>>

>Meaning specific to cmn? I don't think so, there is a common lisp mode
>which is the one I use. I believe Rick (Taube) has a different interface
>that is bundled with cm but I have not tried it yet.

Cool, no problem so far...

>>How do I summon the CMN image from emacs ?
>>

>Dave: first you have to get a white robe (sorry, black won't do, that's
>for c++). Ankle length, of course. With a hood. I assume you have a
>relatively isolated basement you can use for the ceremony, right?....
>
>:-) ;-) :-p

Believe it or not, my house is situated on what the county calls a flood
plain, so I do not have a basement. I have all the other stuff, the
white robe (*not* the black robe), the pointy hat, the lengthy ankles...
but I don't think it's going to work for me without the basement...

And what do those secret symbols mean ??

>If you use xemacs then you can add some emacs lisp code to your init
>file in ~/.xemacs/init.el, a sample can be found at:
>
>http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/root/home/emacs.el
>
>(the executable names are tuned for the Planet CCRMA packages)
>
>Restart xemacs and the <esc>-x and type "cmucl" or "clisp" depending on
>which dialect you are using. That should bring up a second buffer with
>the lisp interpreter running. Or change the las lines to bind <ctrl>-x
><ctrl>-l to start the image of your choice.

Okay, very cool, I have that working now. I'll write my profile of CMN
using Xemacs as the running environment.

One question: If I call xcmnw from some CMN code, it works fine. But how
can I close xcmnw from within Xemacs/Lisp ?

Thanks !!

Best,

dp