[PlanetCCRMA] Cinelerra failure

Tue Jun 15 11:35:03 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 01:04, Suvarow wrote:
> Knut-Håvard Aksnes wrote:
>
> >>Cinelerra fails for me in strange ways.
> >>All recent versions of cinelerra have some or all of these problems.
> >>

> I've got exactly the same strange problem, which prevents me from using
> Cinelerra. I'm running FC1, updated with CCRMA packages & low lattency
> kernel, SMP version, on a PIV 2,6ghz.
> The cinelerra version i installed is 1.2.0-1.rhfc1.ccrma, with
> tap-plugins-0.5.0-1 ; I also had the same problem with the preceding
> version of the cinelerra rpm, on FC1 (plain FC1, no ccrma patch).
> Really don't know where it comes from. Cinelerra preloads, loading all
> its parts, and just before showing the UI (at the time of the message
> "initiating user interface"), it crashes.

I don't know what may be wrong either...

> Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> >You could add this line at the end of
> >/etc/prelink.conf so that prelink does not touch it:
> >
> >-b /usr/bin/cinelerra
> >
> That doesn't work for me.
> weird.

Not really, that workaround works only on FC2. The prelink included in
FC1 does not allow for exceptions for binaries. I'll release a new
version of cinelerra _and_ (I have to do this, no other workaround I can
think of) a new version of prelink for FC1 based on the source rpm for
FC2. That should fix things. Thanks a lot for the reports!!

-- Fernando