[PlanetCCRMA] Sysex utility?

Frank van de Pol fvdpol@coil.demon.nl
Mon Jun 14 14:05:03 2004

If I recall correctly from time I was playing with a D-10, the Roland 'D'
series of synths use some kind of handshake for the bulk dumps. I cannot
verify nor RTFM since don't have the hardware here. There might be
configuration setting for bulk dumps with/without handshaking?

Are you sure cat system > /dev/sequencer works? The OSS /dev/sequencer
char device takes some kind of record structure of OSS sequencer messages.
You might have more luck with a rawmidi port.

Frank.