[PlanetCCRMA] up2date/ccrma issues?

Barton Bosch bartonbosch@softhome.net
Wed Jun 9 08:46:02 2004

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 22:24, Barton Bosch wrote:
>
>>I have just reinstalled ccrma rh9 since getting an internet
>>connection for my Linux box.  Are there any issues re:  using
>>the rhn up2date errata packages with a ccrma rh9 installation
>>(kernal, alsa, glibc, etc.)?
>

> There should be no problems. I do include all the updates in the
> repository as well.

Ah, ok, so those _are_ the same update packages.  I was
wondering.  I have a 56k connection so I'd prefer to not have to
download anything I don't really need.

FWIW it looks like there are 10-30 rh9 updates on the rhn site
that aren't on the 10/14/03 CCRMA update disk.  (I think that
there were about 30 and that 10 were relevant to the packages
currently installed on my system, but don't quote me).  But you
probably knew that, <g>.

And having just checked it appears that you made a new update
disk as of 4/25/04 AND added an ftp site.  Thanks a bunch, next
time I have broadband access I'll be sure to make use of those
resources.  I appreciate all of the meta-work you are doing for
the Planet.

Cheers,

Barton