[PlanetCCRMA] Can't start Timidity

Tony Upton celticmusicguy@hotmail.com
Tue Jun 8 15:31:02 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C44D86.9D0874B0

I recently found my way to Planet CCRMA, and after a lot of research on =
the Internet and trying various things I seem to have everything working =
beautifully...except for one thing. I can't seem to get Timidity to =
start at all. It won't start as a normal user or as root. I had thought =
it might be a problem with the file permissions on the Timidity program =
itself - I had the same problem with Muse, but was able to resolve it by =
doing an "su root" followed by a "chmod u+s" on the Muse program file as =
suggested elsewhere on this list. I tried that with Timidity and it =
didn't seem to work. I'm using Fedora Core 1 with the Planet CCRMA low =
latency kernel (2.4.26-1.ll.rhfc1.ccrma). Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions =
would be appreciated.

Now let me go back to learning how to use all the wonderful Planet CCRMA =
programs...I'm very impressed with what I've seen so far.

Tony Upton

P.S. - For anyone who might be interested, feel free to check out my web =
site (Tony's Celtic Music Pages) at http://tonyupton.tripod.com
------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C44D86.9D0874B0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I recently found my way to Planet =
CCRMA, and after=20
a lot of research on the Internet and trying various things I seem to =
have=20
everything working beautifully...except for one thing. I can't seem to =
get=20
Timidity to start at all. It won't start as a normal user or as root. I =
had=20
thought it might be a problem with the file permissions on the Timidity =
program=20
itself - I had the same problem with Muse, but was able to resolve it by =
doing=20
an "su root" followed by a "chmod u+s" on the Muse program file as =
suggested=20
elsewhere on this list. I tried that with Timidity and it didn't seem to =
work.=20
I'm using Fedora Core 1 with the Planet CCRMA low latency kernel=20
(2.4.26-1.ll.rhfc1.ccrma). Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions would be=20
appreciated.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Now let me go back to learning how to =
use all the=20
wonderful Planet CCRMA programs...I'm very impressed with what I've seen =
so=20
far.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Tony Upton</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>P.S. - For anyone who might be =
interested, feel=20
free to check out my web site (Tony's Celtic Music Pages) at =
</FONT><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://tonyupton.tripod.com">http://tonyupton.tripod.com</A></FON=