[PlanetCCRMA] Re: query re: XFree86 4.4

Jesse Kaufman glandix@lloydnet.org
Tue Jun 8 14:08:01 2004

On Tuesday 08 June 2004 3:55 pm, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> I try hard not to upgrade core components of the distros. XFree86 is one
> of them :-) Sorry.

hmm, never had a problem doing this, even on slack or freebsd (just "upgraded"
slack from xfree86-4.3 to xorg's latest via packages)

> I seem to remember that for SiS chipsets there was a web site with
> non-official drivers for X...

actually, SiS provides official drivers for X at the following website ...
very little experience with them (got them working on one machine, haven't
had any others with SiS chipsets) ... as always, YMMV

http://download.sis.com/

g'luck,
gLaNDix