[PlanetCCRMA] ccrma Kernel & Script Handling

Mon Jun 7 10:02:01 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 09:28, Jose Castillo wrote:
>         >It would help if you could describe your problems in more
>         detail, and on
>         >which version of RedHat / Fedora this is happening and under
>         which
>         >kernel.
>
>         Yes, the problem is happening when I install the new kernel
>         (2.4.26.ccrma) through the apt internet Sources. Then I
>         download and copy the alsaconf script into the bin directory,
>         and while trying to run it, I have the following error
>
>         bash: alsaconf: Permission Denied.

(you have to "chmod +x alsaconf", it is a shell script).

You don't need to manually download alsaconf, it is part of the
alsa-utils package. If you installed with "apt-get install
planetccrma-core" or similar the alsaconf script is already in:

  /usr/sbin/alsaconf

>         Same thing happens when I try to install Sun Java SDK through
>         the console.
>
>         I try:
>
>         ./java_sdk_1.4.0-2.bin
>
>         then I get
>
>         /bash/sh: java_sdk_1.4.0-2.bin: Permission Denied.
>
>         Those commands are executed through the console with full
>         su/root permissions.

I don't know about the java stuff. That is not particular to the kernel,
it is just that the command is not executable.

-- Fernando