[PlanetCCRMA] ccrma Kernel & Script Handling

Jose Castillo pepesaurus22@yahoo.com
Mon Jun 7 09:30:02 2004

--0-2132390806-1086625724=:45497

>It would help if you could describe your problems in more detail, and on
>which version of RedHat / Fedora this is happening and under which
>kernel.

>-- Fernando

Yes, the problem is happening when I install the new kernel (2.4.26.ccrma) through the apt internet Sources. Then I download and copy the alsaconf script into the bin directory, and while trying to run it, I have the following error

bash: alsaconf: Permission Denied.

Same thing happens when I try to install Sun Java SDK through the console.

I try:

./java_sdk_1.4.0-2.bin

then I get

/bash/sh: java_sdk_1.4.0-2.bin: Permission Denied.

Those commands are executed through the console with full su/root permissions.

Thanks in advance

Jose

--0-2132390806-1086625724=:45497

<DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<P>&gt;It would help if you could describe your problems in more detail, and on<BR>&gt;which version of RedHat / Fedora this is happening and under which<BR>&gt;kernel. <BR><BR>&gt;-- Fernando<BR></P>
<P>Yes, the problem is happening when I install the new kernel (2.4.26.ccrma) through the apt internet Sources. Then I download and copy the alsaconf script into the bin directory, and while&nbsp;trying to run it, I have the following error</P>
<P>bash: alsaconf: Permission Denied.</P>
<P>Same thing happens when I try to install Sun Java SDK through the console.</P>
<P>I try:</P>
<P>./java_sdk_1.4.0-2.bin</P>
<P>then I get</P>
<P>/bash/sh: java_sdk_1.4.0-2.bin: Permission Denied.</P>
<P>Those commands are executed through the console with full&nbsp;su/root permissions.</P>
<P>Thanks in advance</P>
<P>Jose</P></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV><p>
--0-2132390806-1086625724=:45497--