[PlanetCCRMA] 'apt-get install pd' faild in FC2.....

chun lee leechun@leechun.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Jun 7 04:06:01 2004

hi:

Thanks for your reply, please see below

>> Thanks for your reply. Below is what I have...
>>
>>> Subject: Re: [PlanetCCRMA] 'apt-get install pd' faild in FC2.....
>>> From: Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano <nando@ccrma.Stanford.EDU>
>>> To: chun lee <leechun@leechun.freeserve.co.uk>
>>> Cc: planetccrma@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
>>> Date: 05 Jun 2004 11:23:06 -0700

>>> There is not yet a special kernel for FC2.

>>> What is printed when apt-get fails (probably some dependency is
>>> missing)? What do you have in /etc/apt/sources.list?
>>
>> Ya, I think its dependency. I got
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> Pd Depends: libtcl8.3.so
>>    Depends: libtk8.3.so
>>
>> Say if I find and install the rpms above from somewhere else , would I be
>> able to apt-get install pd?
>
> That is a very basic dependency and it is part of Fedora. The pd package
> for FC2 lists this as dependencies:
>
> libtcl8.4.so
> libtk8.4.so
>
> So, you must have the sources.list for FC1 or earlier, not the one for
> FC2 (the one for FC2 is not yet listed in the site).

Ummmm, so where can I find the sources.list for FC2? I am also trying to
compile pd from source code but I am quite lost with it.

Also, I also tried installing pd from .rpm instead of from apt-get, I got
the same result.

Many thanks again