[PlanetCCRMA] Oxygen 8 and Fedora CCRMA ???

luigi rensinghoff luigi_r001@yahoo.com
Fri Jun 4 04:51:01 2004

hi all !!

Hi to all !
I wonder if someone might invest some time to help me
getting my oxygen 8 usb midi Keyboard Controller to
run under Planet CCRMA Fedora package.

Here's the little story:

It took me about half a year to get my setup running
on a Linux desktop machine. I gathered some experience
with Planet CCRMA RH 8 and got it all running. I am
really not a linux expert so things like applying
patches and recompiling kernels cause some headache to
me.

Somehow it was really easy to get the oxygen 8 running
under CCRMA RH 8, but i dont really remeber how i did
it.

Now i switched to Fedora CCRMA and it does not seem to
be as easy.

I found some howtos (Ircam/Alsa/ccrma) but they dont
really work for me i always get a PE header error when
i try to load the firmware. Then suddenly yesterday
when i ran hdsploader ( I am using a HDSP Hammerfall +
Multiface) the device appeared for about an hour ;-)

But i couldnt reproduce it.

so what i need is a little bit more understanding an
maybe an advice what i should do.

I wonder if everything is going to be easier with
kernel 2.6 (Is it in planning for Planet CCRMA ??)

The combination of hotplug fxloader ezusbmidi is quite
confusing to me, i dont exactly in which directories
to see to do step by step troubleshooting.

Well, of course i you can just help me with ONE of my
numerous questions i would be very happy.

Best Regards Luigi