[PlanetCCRMA] Re: FC2 + 2.4 kernel CCRMA partial success

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm@ATrpms.net
Thu Jun 3 14:30:03 2004

--1LKvkjL3sHcu1TtY

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 07:07:16PM +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
> I wanted to go to FC2 to get better video drivers for my laptop, and a few
> other things.
>=20
> The FC2 install process removes kernel-2.4*, but leaves the alsa drivers
> etc. there. The old kernel can be put back with rpm -ivh --force, and it
> boots fine with FC2.
>=20
> The problem for me is that the driver for my touchpad is different enough
> in 2.6 that the new version of X wont read it with a 2.4 kernel, so I'm
> stuck with 2.6 or external mouse for now, but other people may be ok.
>=20
> I couldn't find the rpm for apt that works with FC2, so I had to download
> the RPMs I needed by hand, but thats OK for a few.

There is an apt for FC2 including PlanetCCRMA FC2 repos at

http://atrpms.net/name/apt/
http://atrpms.net/name/atrpms/

(you need apt and atrpms-package-config).

> There are rpms of drivers for the centrino wireless card on atrpms, which
> work great with the FC2 kernel - building them by hand is a real pain.

They should also work for the FC1 ccrma kernel. BTW is your laptop
listed on the ipw2100 matrix? If not, would you care to report it?
--=20
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

--1LKvkjL3sHcu1TtY

--1LKvkjL3sHcu1TtY--