[PlanetCCRMA] packages for Fedora Core 2

Thu Jun 3 13:06:02 2004

> When will planet CCRMA packages for Fedora Core 2 be available?

They are already available, see this (and the related thread):
http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/pipermail/planetccrma/2004-May/005119.html

For now it is only applications (most of them but not all). No special
kernel or updated alsa. I would not recommend upgrading at this point. I
was having problems with latency hits using the 2.6.6 kernels under FC2.

Yesterday afternoon I narrowed down the cause of the problem. It is not
the kernel, it is actually a problem with Jack and the new pthread
implementation. The end result is that Jack clients audio threads are
not given realtime scheduling (without any error indication)...
obviously that produces xruns :-)

I have a hack that can be used as a workaround but I'm still
experimenting with other approaches (ahem, hacks).

After that I should be able to release kernels/alsa...
-- Fernando