[PlanetCCRMA] THE AGNULA SERVER@KTH SLASHDOTTED: **PLEASE** USE THE MIRRORS

Andrea Glorioso users@lists.agnula.org
Thu Jun 3 10:15:02 2004

|                  ______ ______  _     _ _                       |
|            /\   / _____)  ___ \| |   | | |        /\            |
|           /  \ | /  ___| |   | | |   | | |       /  \           |
|          / /\ \| | (___) |   | | |   | | |      / /\ \          |
|         | |__| | \____/| |   | | |___| | |_____| |__| |         |
|         |______|\_____/|_|   |_|\______|_______)______|         |

     [Sorry for cross-posting.  Feel free to forward around]

Florence, June 3 2004

+++ THE AGNULA SERVER@KTH SLASHDOTTED: **PLEASE** USE THE MIRRORS

Following  the publication [0]  on Slashdot  [1] on  an article [2] by
Linux Devices  [2]  ("Building a solid-state mini-ITX  Linux recording
studio") the  AGNULA server  at KTH  has been slashdotted.   Until the
storm passes by, we  invite people to use our  mirrors to donwload the
AGNULA/DeMuDi ISOs and to access the APT repository.

+++

Following the  publication [0] on Slashdot [1]   on an article  [2] by
Linux  Devices [2]  ("Building a solid-state  mini-ITX Linux recording
studio")  the  AGNULA server at  KTH has  been slashdotted.  Until the
storm passes  by,  we **WARMLY** invite  people to  use our mirrors to
donwload the AGNULA/DeMuDi ISOs and to access the APT repository.

Please use:

http://freesoftware.ircam.fr/mirrors/agnula/	(IRCAM, Paris)
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/mirrors/agnula/agnula-iso/	(CCRMA, Stanford)

to download the AGNULA/DeMuDi ISO images, and put

deb http://freesoftware.ircam.fr/mirrors/demudi/ unstable main contrib
deb-src http://freesoftware.ircam.fr/mirrors/demudi/ unstable main contrib

and/or

deb http://ccrma.stanford.edu/mirrors/agnula/demudi-apt/ unstable main contrib
deb-src http://ccrma.stanford.edu/mirrors/agnula/demudi-apt/ unstable main contrib

in your /etc/apt/sources.list if you want to use `apt-get' to download
and install AGNULA/DeMuDi packages on your system.

We  are sorry for the  lack  of clarity  - we were  in  the process of
redesigning the web site and clearly show the existence of the (kindly
provided) mirrors, when the Slashdot storm caught us! :)

The AGNULA  team would  like to  deeply thank  IRCAM and  Stanford for
providing storage and connectivity for  the mirrors; and  specifically
Francois   Dechele,  Patrice  Tisserand   (IRCAM)  and  Fernando Pablo
Lopez-Lezcano   (CCRMA,   Stanford)  for  taking   care   of  all  the
administrative details.

+++

About AGNULA:   Agnula (acronym for   A  GNU/Linux Audio distribution,
pronounced with a strong  g) is  the name of   a project funded  until
April  2004  by    the   European  Commission   (number  of  contract:
IST-2001-34879; key action IV.3.3, Free Software: towards the critical
mass).  After the end of the funded period,  AGNULA is continuing as a
volunteer   based project,  aiming  to  spread Libre  Software in  the
professional audio/video arena.

Best regards,

--
The AGNULA Team                                   info@agnula.org