[PlanetCCRMA] Audacity recording blues

William M. Quarles walrus@bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 2 13:08:01 2004

Hi,

I'm trying just to record one mono track in Audacity, then follow up
with another mono track while playing back the first track.  Simple,
one-at-a-time multitrack recording.  I first record my guitar, then my
voice.  However, after recording both tracks an playing them back, the
vocals come out distorted and sounding like a turntable that is on
slomo.  I'm assuming that this is an ALSA problem, as I have heard that
the standard recording sampling that ALSA does is insufficient.
However, I really don't know, so if anyone has any ideas, they would be
much appreciated!

I'm using Fedora Core 1 with the 2.4.26-1.ll.rhfc1.ccrma kernel, and
I've already updated and upgraded everything through Apt. JACKit is
running, too.  I have two sound cards, but I am just using my
SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 Digital (CT0100).

Peace,
William