[PlanetCCRMA] ecasound executable and source not same version

Aaron Heller heller@AI.SRI.COM
Mon Jul 26 17:05:02 2004

I think I'm doing the correct thing here, but it appears that the ecasound executable and source not same version.  My system is on the RH9 release of Planet CCRMA and is up to date with the repository.

The executable for ecasound is v2.3.3,

[root@blumlein ~]$ which ecasound
/usr/bin/ecasound
[root@blumlein ~]$ ecasound --version
ecasound v2.3.3
Copyright (C) 1997-2004 Kai Vehmanen
  [...]
[root@blumlein ~]$

However, apt-get source ecasound, retrieves the package with sources for v2.3.0

[root@blumlein ~]$ apt-get source ecasound
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Need to get 941kB of source archives.
Get:1 http://ccrma.stanford.edu redhat/all/en/i386/planetccrma ecasound 1:2.3.0-1 (srpm) [941kB]
Fetched 1B in 0s (3B/s)
warning: user nando does not exist - using root
[root@blumlein ~]$ ls -l /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/eca*gz
-rw-------    1 root     wheel      931150 Aug 29  2003 /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/ecasound-2.3.0.tar.gz
[root@blumlein ~]$

Here's the relevant line from sources.list:

[root@blumlein ~]$ grep rpm-src /etc/apt/sources.list
rpm-src http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt redhat/all/en/i386 planetccrma

This is not a big problem for me as I can just get the sources from Kai's CVS repository, but I figured I ought to let you know about this inconsistency.  Sorry if the problem is something on my end.

Thanks...  Aaron