[PlanetCCRMA] E:Couldn't find package

Chris Perkins chris.perkins@aer-rianta.ie
Mon Jul 26 03:37:01 2004

Hi Fernando,
	That seems to have done the trick.  Thanks a million.  I had
re-added the cds before but I had neglected to delete the entries from the
file first (doh).

Kind Regards,
Chris
-----Original Message-----
From: Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano [mailto:nando@ccrma.Stanford.EDU]
Sent: 23 July 2004 22:59
To: Chris Perkins
Cc: Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano
Subject: RE: [PlanetCCRMA] E:Couldn't find package

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 00:39, Chris Perkins wrote:
> Hi Fernando,

Hi and sorry for the delay. This is weird, all your files appear to be
fine. I would try erasing the three entries in /etc/apt/sources.list
that correspond to the three cdroms and use "apt-cdrom add" to add them
again. It would seem that the core cdrom is just not being recognized?

-- Fernando

> 	Sorry about the type-o. planetccrma does the same thing though.
>
> [root@brewer ccrma]# apt-get -o RPM::Install-Options::=--oldpackage
install
> planetccrma-core
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> E: Couldn't find package planetccrma-core
>
> I had been following the install instructions without any problems until
the
> Install the kernel and sound driver packages section.
>
> Chris

Rianta