[PlanetCCRMA] General processing ?

Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen k.s.matheussen@notam02.no
Mon Jul 19 08:56:01 2004

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, Steve Harris wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 18, 2004 at 09:41:56 +0200, Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen wrote:
> > And I have just finished lrdf support for snd as well. :)
>
> Great. I thought snd was written in lisp for some reason. If you have
> any developer friendliness feedback, I'd be happy to receive it, but I
> can't promise any fixes :)

Everything went just fine. I used the lrdf logic in the source for
jack-rack to sort the ladspa plugins by type. The code is in the
file ladspa.scm, and is activated by writing
(load-from-path "snd_conffile.scm") in the terminal snd was started in,
and then a ladspa menu will appear.

But I though lrdf also supported default values for the control port in
some way? I did not find out how to get that information. Perhaps that was
just a wrong assumement of me?

PS. Snd is unfortunately mostly written in C and not in lisp. :(
(as I think Lisp is the superbest language there is). I think
Bill said in an interview I read somewhere that he wrote Snd
in C because at the time lisp wouldn't be fast enough or something.
Today, it would be nice if as much as snd as possible where rewritten
in lisp, which is my opinion.