[PlanetCCRMA] renaming the LADSPA packages

Sat Jul 17 11:54:00 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 23:31, Florin Andrei wrote:
> Is it possible to rename the LADSPA RPM packages (the plugins) to
> ladspa-* ?
>
> E.g., rename swh-plugins to ladspa-swh-plugins or ladspa-swh

Hmmmm, not really...

> This way it would be a lot easier to keep track of LADSPA related
> things:
>
> rpm -qa | grep -i ladspa

Yes, I understand that. I'm trying to do that with the pd externals but
I stopped because I found a problem with the "Obsoletes:" clause under
FC1 (although I have seen somebody posting more details and a possible
solution).

The accepted practice is to use a name for the package that is very
close to the upstream name of the software itself. I understand that,
for example, ladspa or pd externals are special cases but I'm trying to
avoid using special names in the packages.

I'll think about this, there should be some way to add that information
to the package without using the name. Maybe adding some special tag to
the commentary itself so that it would become possible to search by
using grep (the "group" tag would be the obvious choice but the
categories themselves are very sparse and suggestions to extend them
have not had effect).

-- Fernando