[PlanetCCRMA] RSS/XML feed

Sat Jul 17 11:12:00 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 16:20, Florin Andrei wrote:
> (not sure if Nando or other people responsible for Planet are on the
> freshrpms list, so i'm crossposting here)

[I am but I have been travelling with sporadic net access, I'm only
monitoring the most crucial lists - and just a bit]

> Please see this discussion:
>
> http://lists.freshrpms.net/pipermail/freshrpms-list/2004-July/thread.html#10270
>
> It's the "RSS/XML feeds" thread. The discussion still continues, so get
> back to it after a while.
>
> Essentially, what i'm saying is that it would be great if the
> PlanetCCRMA repo (or any other RPM repo) would offer an
> automatically-generated RSS feed containing the latest updates. It would
> make it much easier for users to keep up with updates.

I could do that, I guess, it would be useful. Francois Dechelle asked
for this a while ago but I never had time to even look at the specs of
rss. I already have a changelog (in tex/html) so I could write some code
to transform that into a feed (whatever that is :-) Probably more useful
than scanning the package tree.

-- Fernando