[PlanetCCRMA] Ardour and Rosegarden

Joe Dell'Orfano fullgo@dellorfano.net
Mon Jul 12 19:52:02 2004

Ron,

I made the changes you suggested without success. the output of cat
/proc/asound/devices follows:

  0: [0- 0]: ctl
  8: [0- 0]: raw midi
 16: [0- 0]: digital audio playback
 24: [0- 0]: digital audio capture
  1:       : sequencer
 33:       : timer

This suggests to me that indeed I only have one midi port whereas you
have a nifty midiman with 8 midi in ports and 8 midi out ports. I would
bet you a Krispy Kreme that if you type cat/proc/asound/devices that you
see a bunch more (namely 8) raw midi ports listed.

If this is the case, then indeed I will need to throw money at the
problem and buy more ports! I assume therefore that Ardour cannot share
a midi port already in use by another program.

Thanks for the help on this - always something new to learn here!!

-Joe