[PlanetCCRMA] Kernel Advise

mike@banta.psyc.missouri.edu mike@banta.psyc.missouri.edu
Mon Jul 12 08:49:01 2004

I've been using the caps kernel with decent latency but many many xruns
for some time now, but serious recording work is needed now. (i.e., jack
does not kill ardour whenever it wants to).  The patched
ccrma kernel will not boot on my machine; when selected, it simply returns
to the grub boot menu.  The dual-cpu kernel will also not boot, it
actually freezes everything before booting.

I'm on a 2.8ghz celeron with 512 megs with rh9.  Simply using the 810!
chipset for
audio.  So I'm wondering what to do?  Is there an older kernel somewhere
I could try? Should I have to tune this kernel to better fit my machine?
Or should I just say thanks to Fernando and compile my own kernel with
patches (ugh)?

Thank you all,
mike