[PlanetCCRMA] instability with 2.4.22-1.2140.nptl.caps.rhfc1.ccrma?

Sat Jul 3 10:29:01 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 10:36, John Thursfield wrote:
> Since upgrading to the 2.4.22-1.2140.nptl.caps.rhfc1.ccrma kernel I've
> had a number of system lock ups, the only way out of which is to
> reboot.  This has occurred on several occasions whilst the Kumppa
> screensaver has been running (I generally have a random screensaver).
> Has anyone else seen this?

That could be a problem with one of the latency patches. While working
with 2.6.x I found out that it was not a proper patch because it
apparently does schedulling with a lock held (the patch has to do with
latency hits in the drm module). Which video chipset do you have in your
computer?

-- Fernando