[PlanetCCRMA] Re: qsynth and Rosegarden

Timo Sivula timo.sivula@luukku.com
Sat Jan 31 23:10:02 2004

> From: "Rui Nuno Capela" <rncbc@rncbc.org>

> On the channels window you can right-click to edit each channel preset
> assignment. You may select a bank and program instrument and assign it
> to the given channel.

Thanks!

I seem to go from one problem to another. Once I get qsynth up, how do
I make Rosegarden use it? I thought it would work like this:

1. Start qjackctl
2. Start Qsynth with my favourite soundfont
3. Start rosegarden
4. Load a midi file
5. Press "play"
6. Listen to your music

Everything works but point 6. I can play qsynth using my midi keyboard,
but the sequencer cannot make it make any sound. I can see the
different instruments in rosegarden and the transporter starts moving
when I press play, but absolutely nothing is heard. The "connect"
window in qjacktl shows rosegarden output is connected to qsynth input,
and qsynth output to the alsa_pcm input. Hower, in the MIDI window the
refresh, and disconnect all buttons are flashing at about 10 hz, and it
is not possible to select any of them.

Any clues? I am using 0.9.6 of rosegarden.

br, Timo