[PlanetCCRMA] Re: nvidia

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm@physik.fu-berlin.de
Mon Jan 26 14:16:02 2004

--OX2aLCKeO1apYW07

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 11:06:42AM +0000, tdunstan@ihug.com.au wrote:
> i was just wondering if someone could help me with installing nvidia driv=
ers=20
> for my ti4200.

I have packaged nvidia rpms for PlanetCCRMA's FC1 kernel at

  http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/name/nvidia-graphics/

The latest four nvidia drivers are supported (4363, 4496, 4620, 5328)
and all ccrma kernel flavours/archs (smp/up and i686/athlon/i586). You
can install all four nvidia drivers simultanously and use a script
called

		nvidia-graphics-switch

to switch from outside X (make sure lsmod has no old nvidia drivers
lying around).

You need a non-kmdl and a kmdl rpm, i.e. for an smp/i686 4620 driver
you should use:

nvidia-graphics4620-1.0_4620-45.rhfc1.at.i386.rpm
nvidia-graphics4620-kmdl-smp-2.4.24-1.ll.rhfc1.ccrma-1.0_4620-45.rhfc1.at.i=
686.rpm =20

If you install multiple nvidia drivers make sure you use the script
above at the end.

There is a litte quirk yet: you need to install a fake rpm carrying
dependency hooks for ccrma kernels:

  http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/name/strict-dep-kernel/

While Nando and I effectively have the same mechanism for ensuring
strict matching kernels to kernel modules, we have given them
different internal namings. Nando and I should sync our
naming/versioning conventions, so that these auxiliary rpms are not
needed in the next kernels we will craft.

This is the first in depth cross repo build I am doing, I hope it
works well! :)

If there is demand I can build more kernel module packages from ATrpms
for PlanetCCRMA's high performance kernel. I think all ATrpms kernel
modules but the ones requiring v4l2 would build.
--=20
Axel.Thimm@physik.fu-berlin.de

--OX2aLCKeO1apYW07

--OX2aLCKeO1apYW07--