[PlanetCCRMA] HDSP 9632 with PD under Linux

Melissa Corso melissa_corso@lycos.com
Mon Jan 26 12:43:01 2004

Hello everyone,

I am trying to make a filter in order to filter speech. I have successfully installed PD and used it with an audiocard (HDSP 9632) under Windows XP. However when using windows XP  there is a substantial delay in the output. I have seen others have had lesser delay values when using Linux. When I use linux, as soon as PD starts up I get this message and the audio card is no longer recognized (no audio output). If anyone knows of how I can correct this problem I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your help in advance.
                                       Melissa Corso

The message reads as:
[lspmc@d68h203 lspmc]$ pd
using non-interleaved audio input
Sample width set to 4 bytes
ALSA: set input channels to 4
snd_pcm_hw_params_set_access (output): Invalid argument
using non-interleaved audio
alsa: set output channels to 4
audio I/O stuck... closing audio