[PlanetCCRMA] [ot?] running jack on fedora

matthew shanley mshanley@alum.rpi.edu
Fri Jan 23 12:29:01 2004

hi,

i have been running the plannet on a redhat 9 computer for awhile now,
and i just installed it on a new fedora installation on an ibm t22
laptop. when i run qjackctl and try to start jack, i get messages in the
window saying: "starting" then "started" but then just afted that
"stopped" and a box pops up saying "could not connect to JACK server as
client". opening the messages box i see:
apparent rate = 44100
creating alsa driver ... hw:0|hw:0|1024|2|44100|0|0|nomon|swmeter|rt|32bit
control device hw:0
configuring for 44100Hz, period = 1024 frames, buffer = 2 periods
Couldn't open hw:0 for 32bit samples trying 24bit instead
Couldn't open hw:0 for 24bit samples trying 16bit instead
ALSA: cannot set period size to 1024 frames for capture
ALSA: cannot configure capture channel
cannot load driver module alsa
15:20:26.235 JACK was stopped successfully.
15:20:27.910 Could not connect to JACK server as client.

alsaplayer and xmms both play fine and my qjackctl settings are
identical to the ones that work fine on my rh9 machine. anyone have any
ideas? sorry if this is slightly OT.

matt