[PlanetCCRMA] Re: Starting fluidsynth

Mon Jan 19 10:29:01 2004

> > What happens if at the fluidsynth prompt you type:
> >   noteon 1 69 127
>
> The following:

[MUNCH]
> fluidsynth version 1.0.3
> Copyright (C) 2000-2002 Peter Hanappe and others.
> FLUID Synth comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
> under certain conditions; see the COPYING file for details.
> SoundFont(R) is a registered trademark of E-mu Systems, Inc.
>   Type 'help' to get information on the shell commands.
>
> > noteon 1 69 127
>
> At this point fluidsynth plays a note. Every time I repeat the command
> it does it again, even without closing ESD.

Then the audio "connections" are all fine.

> Pressing a key on the keyboard does not produce any kind of sound.

The next question should have been the first, I guess: did you connect
the output of your keyboard to the input of fluidsynth? Start
"kaconnect" (an ALSA sequencer patchbay) and connect the output of your
hardware interface to the input of fluidsynth.

-- Fernando