[PlanetCCRMA] Newbie needs help with Configuring sound in RH8.0

Angel de Vicente angelv@ll.iac.es
Mon Jan 19 01:37:01 2004

Hi,

thanks for the help. I did disable arTs, and alsa seems to be working
OK. Somehow the rhythm problems were perhaps caused by having arTs and alsa
running at the same time? I start timidity now and rosegarden and the rhythm
seems to be not perfect but much better now, quite serviceable. Nevertheless the
problem with fluidsynth has not disappeared. When I play only one track the
sound is OK, but when I play two or more voices at once, there is a lot of
noise.

Anyway, thanks a lot. I will attempt to improve the performance by tuning the
system better.

Cheers,
Angel de Vicente

--