[PlanetCCRMA] updated: jack and ardour

Ryan ruinaudio@comcast.net
Thu Jan 15 19:01:01 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 20:44, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > > * jack is now in version 0.94.0-1
> > > * ardour is happily chugging along at version 0.9beta9-2
> > >
> > > Ahem, ardour beta9? How come? I already had a 0.9beta9! Well, that was a
> > > temporary tarball with some bugfixes. This is the true final version of
> > > beta9 with completely "official" bugs and features...
> > >
> > > As usual more details in the Changelog.
> > > Enjoy!
> > > -- Fernando
> >
> > Somehow the Planet version of ardour pegs my cpu at around
> > 95% (p4 3.2ghz fedora core 1) with zero tracks of audio even...
> > Building it myself from source and I get about 5% at most.
>
> What happens if you rebuild the source rpm? Just this version or has
> this happened before? It'd be nice to know about the effect of
> rebuilding from the .src.rpm if you happen to have the time to try it.
>
> Hmmmm, the only thing I can think of is a bad initialization file in my
> package. I'll check this tomorrow (but obviously I don't see the same
> problem, ardour starts just fine).

I think it may be my problem (though I don't know what the problem is
exactly) I built and installed ardour from source (the sorceforge
package) and THEN just to be sure of the problem I re-installed the
planet package and now the CPU levels are only a tiny bit higher than
the version built from source...

If no one else sees this then I'd chalk it up to the linux gremlins that
live in my laptop case...

thanks,
-ry