[PlanetCCRMA] AC97-ICH5 onboard sound stopped working after upgrade to 2.4.20

Wed Jan 14 12:14:01 2004

> I have a Gigabyte motherboard with AC97 sound on it. I had it working
> under kernel 2.4.20-18.1.capssmp and the corresponding alsa modules
> using the module snd-intel8x0.o.
>
> After upgrading to 2.4.20-24.1.capssmp.rh90.ccrma the sound stopped
> working. The driver seems to load OK and I've tried every possible
> combination with alsamixer and gamix but I couldn't get sound through
> the line-out connector.

Weird. Did the upgrade include a newer version of alsa? That might be
the problem. You could try erasing /etc/asound.state and starting the
alsamixer or gamix configuration from scratch.

-- Fernando