[PlanetCCRMA] remove oss modules question

tom poe tompoe@amihost.com
Wed Jan 7 10:11:01 2004

Hi:  I'm on RH8.0, installed apt, installed redhat kernel:
2.4.20-20.1.caps.rh80

I did the /usr/sbin/alsaconf step.  It failed to produce a test sound,
but did id the sound card and chip.

I ran the command for identifying OSS modules to unload, but since I
know nothing about what I'm looking at, I need help.  Which modules am I
looking for?  Any module that lists my sound card?
emu10k1       69128   0   autoclean
ac97_codec    14600   0   (autoclean) [emu10k1]
sound         74196   0   (autoclean) [emu10k1]
soundcore      6500   7   (autoclean) [snd emu10k1 sound]

Specifically, which module(s) need to be run against the command:
#>rmmod module_name

Any help appreciated.
Tom