[PlanetCCRMA] 1GB memory difficult

Timo Sivula timo.sivula@luukku.com
Mon Feb 2 05:32:01 2004

Hi,

my tragic linux voyage continues. As fluidsynth complained I had too
little memory I went and invested (a lot of) results of hard working
money into buying the remaining memory slots full with DDR memory. I
now have 1 GB of RAM and I thought life would become easier.

Now the PC hangs when I start qjackqtl. The Caps lock and Scroll lock
leds start blinking, but thats all. The leds blink, but the PC is
otherwise unresponsive. Mouse does not move, keyboard is not adhered
to, and so on.

Any clues why this might be happening? Previously I was runnign 400 MB
of RAM and everything run smoothly, except fluidsynth.

Timo