[PlanetCCRMA] Re: FC2: ccrma and ATrpms libxslt conflict issue

Brad Fuller brad@sonaural.com
Fri Dec 31 17:01:02 2004

--------------010101020901090303070903

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

>On Fri, 2004-12-31 at 15:18, Brad Fuller wrote:
>

>>Brad Fuller wrote:

>>>nothing special:
>>>
>>>Section "InputDevice"
>>>    Identifier   "Mouse0"
>>>    Driver   "mouse"
>>>    Option   "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
>>>    Option   "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
>>>    Option   "ZAxisMapping"   "4 5"
>>>    Option   "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
>>>EndSection
>>>

>>oh sorry, you asked what kind of mouse I have:   Logitech wheel
>>

>As you say, nothing out of the ordinary (which kernel is this one?).
>What do you find in /var/log/Xorg.0.log?

just info that it loaded.
cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep mouse:

(II) LoadModule: "mouse"
(II) Loading .usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input/mouse_drv.o
(II) Module mouse: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
(==) NV(0): Silken mouse enabled

(don't know what "silken" is)

cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep mice:

(**) Mouse0: Device: "/dev/input/mice"
(**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"

>Any mouse related messages in /var/log/messages and/or dmesg?

in dmesg only:
mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice

(I do get messages in /var/log/messages of sync lost from mouse but that
was a message from yesterday. Not relevant to today's new kernel install)
Today's messages in /var/log/messages just say
<time_stamp> localhost kernel: mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
<time_stamp> localhost gpm[2892]: imps2: Auto-detected intellimouse PS/2

====
I think I know what it is. I'm using an extender that extends the
monitor/kybd/mouse over a shielded cat5 cable. I plugged a mouse
directly into the PC and it worked. I bet it's some timing that has
changed - in something - that this extender can't see for the mouse.

brad

--------------010101020901090303070903

<head>
</head>