[PlanetCCRMA] freeze on boot with new kernel/fc2

Wed Dec 29 10:17:01 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-29 at 09:51, Brian Redfern wrote:
> Hi guys, I'm running a dell inspirion 2600 with an intel810 chipset, and
> after installing the new kernel when I try to boot, I get as far as it
> reading disk info, and then I get a blank screen, and left it for a half
> hour and nothing happened, but I had no problem when I booted into the old
> kernel.

Are you booting with the graphical boot? Try turning that off to see
more messages (edit the kernel boot line in grub and take of the "rhgb
quiet" at the end of the line). What exact messages do you see before
the computer halts?

-- Fernando