[PlanetCCRMA] added: planet ho ho ho!

Sat Dec 25 19:14:01 2004

On Sat, 2004-12-25 at 00:48, Louis van Dompselaar wrote:
> A big thank you to Fernando for this Christmas present!
> As someone 'forced' to use 2.6 (2.4 just won't see my SATA controller) I
> upgraded to FC3 since I couldn't get the Planet running smoothly
> on FC2.  Yes, I decided to do without it for a bit, but couldn't resist
> trying it on FC3 right away...
>
> Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > rpm -Uvh
> > http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/3/i386/apt-0.5.15cnc6-2.rhfc3.i386.rpm
>
> This does not seem to exist.  But I got an apt from freshrpms and 'guessed' the
> sources.list (i.e. changed planetccrma '2' to '3')

Sorry for that, just a typo, this should work:
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/3/i386/apt-0.5.15cnc6-2.rhfc3.ccrma.i386.rpm
(ie: I missed the "ccrma" part of the tag")

For some reason running evolution in rh9 remotely from fc3 results in
the copy/paste commands not working so I had to retype things manually.
Ah, upgrades, upgrades.

> > Then:
> >   apt-get update
> >   apt-get install planetccrma-core
>
> Major clash with atrpms alsa updates.  Yes, I know, that's my own fault ;-)
> Removed the atrpms rpms and everything was fine after that.

Yes, I'm afraid that the "requirements" of planetccrma-core are too
strict. It really wants you to have the exact versions and there are
gonna be mismatches with other repositories. I don't know what's the
best way out of this problem.

> >   reboot
> >   select new kernel from grub screen
> >   cross your fingers