[PlanetCCRMA] support for usb audio card

fonse006 fonse006@csusm.edu
Sat Dec 18 22:41:01 2004

>===== Original Message From Duke Jonathan Jason <sysnon@tin.it> =====
>I must add that lookin in info center,
>in the sound location,
>there is this voice under card config section
>
>EDIROL PCR-A at usb-0000:00:03.1-1.1, full speed

It looks like your midi decvice is at least recognized by your system
info center, at least to my knowledge does not provide you with all the
information.  What other things have you tried in order to get sound out of
the device.  Have you run alsamixer yet,  your sound card might just need the
volume levels adjusted.  Of course with a usb sound card there may not be a
mixer.  If that does not work. Try this command- less /proc/asound/modules
there should be something like snd_usb_audio in the file. If the correct
module is loaded then let us know what you are doing to test audio playback.
BTW you might want to consider browsing around in the /proc filesystem if you
are not familliar with it you can find almost any piece if information about
your system in the /proc tree, info center only gives you a small portion of
that information.  Anyways, let us know what happens
Adam