[PlanetCCRMA] nvidia rpms

Artem Baguinski artm@v2.nl
Fri Dec 10 06:44:02 2004

hi

i've built nvidia rpms (kernel driver for the
2.6.7-1.437.1.ll.rhfc2.ccrma and opengl libraries), using srpm from
livna.org but newer version of nvidia drivers.

will it be a good idea to have them in PlanetCCRMA repository so
others will be able to just install them using Synaptic?

i don't understand legalese so well (even in my mother tongue) but i
choose to read the following:

  2.1.2 Linux/FreeBSD Exception.  Notwithstanding the foregoing terms
  of Section 2.1.1, SOFTWARE designed exclusively for use on the Linux
  or FreeBSD operating systems, or other operating systems derived
  from the source code to these operating systems, may be copied and
  redistributed, provided that the binary files thereof are not
  modified in any way (except for unzipping of compressed files).

as permission to redistribute the driver. If there is any reason for
not having these rpms in the repository I hope google will send those
in need to this posting and I'm ready to help building the rpms.

I will not send rpms, because I don't expect people to trust me. And I
don't wanna encourage them trusting me. After all I work in
internation organisation for the unstable media. And I don't have a
gpg signature.

I'm ready to test the package for other kernels (together with the
kernels themselves). I seem to have a magic combination of hardware
which never gave me troubles with nvidia hardware / drivers.

There's something in fedora that makes me have to reboot after
installing nvidia drivers for opengl to start working, although I only
had to restart X in debian and gentoo. Is there a way to suggest
rebooting in rpm?

--
Artem Baguinski:                         http://www.artm.org/
V2_Lab:                                  http://lab.v2.nl/