[PlanetCCRMA] Re: OT - General FC2/RPM/apt question

Artem Baguinski artm@v2.nl
Thu Dec 9 23:52:01 2004

Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 15:15:31 -0800, Brad Fuller <brad@sonaural.com> wrote:
>>  the synaptic app has a nice way of configuring the repositories. It's easy
>> to configure.
>>  I'd start there. I'm sure many here will reply with their favorite repos
>> from p.c. to freshrpms.net
>>

> I had not tried yum before. I managed to get samba and samba-swat
> installed pretty painlessly. Apparently this just defaults to the same
> servers that the redhat-update app goes to. Cool by me.

Doesn't simultaneous use of apt (for PlanetCCRMA) and yum (for the
rest) lead to some confusion of dependencies? I'm very new to rpm
based systems and I haven't figured yet what's exactly the devision of
labour between rpm and apt/yum.

--
Artem Baguinski:                         http://www.artm.org/
V2_Lab:                                  http://lab.v2.nl/