[PlanetCCRMA] Re: custom kernel compilation problems

Artem Baguinski artm@v2.nl
Fri Dec 3 11:13:01 2004

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@ccrma.Stanford.EDU> writes:

> On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 14:52, William M. Quarles wrote:
>> Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
>> > On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 21:14, William M. Quarles wrote:
> I have not used kernel-source for this purpose ever so I can't really
> comment, but from what I have read, in practice it does not work very
> well.
>
> If you want a patched kernel source tree that corresponds to the kernel
> rpm, you should download the kernel-xxx.src.rpm, install it (rpm -Uvh
> kernel-xxx.src.rpm),

are the first two steps what happens when I issue:

apt-get source kernel-xxx

? long ago I was using debian and that's the way I was getting sources
for from .deb repositories. i tried it on a couple of .rpm's and it
works but may be kernel sources are different? [i doubt, but need
reassurance ;-)]