[PlanetCCRMA] Re: jack_fst - Library requirements

Machine Has No Agenda forums@machinehasnoagenda.com
Thu Dec 2 11:38:01 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 10:25, Mark Knecht wrote:

> Dunno - as I said I haven't done this on my Planet box yet so I don't
> know. On my Gentoo box I run everything as user mark. No problems....

heya mark - i got it working on fc2!!!!! it was just a really simple
thing in the end (btw - i am now sticking with wine20040505) - all i had
to do was check the "No Memory Lock" box in qjackctl and crystal synth
starts and plays perfectly!!

is it bad to turn off this memory lock feature, cos i'm pretty sure that
was enabled by default?

so far i've tested quite a few plugins, most of which work (well, when
their installers complete in wine ...) I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW HAPPY ME
IS!!! this was the only thing keeping windows on my computer :)

thanx everyone for the help!!!

shayne