[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora Redhat and Planet CCRMA

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Sep 27 00:16:02 2003

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 09:51:12 -0700, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> Free time to learn about it. I would not drop apt either, AFAIK there is
> no synaptic equivalent for yum (or is there? maybe synaptic works with
> yum also?)

There doesnt seem to be a GUI wrapper for yum.

> > as fedora now supports various yum and apt repositories, it would be
> > maybe a good idea, if planet ccrma is moving from a own distribution to
> > a repository which is compatible with fedora. i hope that the 2.6 kernel
> > will be suitable for multimedia and audio stuff out of the box.
>
> We are all keeping our fingers crossed that that will turn out to be
> true :-) And it will include alsa by default...

I doubt it will have ALSA unfortunatly (RH10 beta didn't), but fedora for
RH9 does seem to have some other audio things:
http://download.fedora.us/fedora/redhat/9/i386/yum/stable/RPMS/

- Steve