[PlanetCCRMA] Hints toward a basic audio-->CD setup

Guy Clotilde guy.clotilde@wanadoo.fr
Mon Sep 15 22:11:01 2003

Hi

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 11:43:57 -0600, Howard, Chris wrote / a écrit:

> I would like some suggestions on what applications
> I can use that will be easy and will do a good job.
> The ultimate would be one that has a big red button
> marked 'record' and another that say's 'stop'.

I had the same on my desktop.
It was only two links for two little executable bash files starting and stopping ecasound.
If you use gnome as a desktop, you can make a really big and nice icon. Resizing is permitted. KDE (of course) and Idesk can achieve the same goals.
With utilities like dialog, gdialog, xmessage, etc..., you can easily (one or two lines) add a dialog box for confirmation.
cdrecord is your friend for cd burning.

I'm not a command line guru (far from) but I found that with Linux I can do all that I want in a quick and easy way.
If you have questions , feel free to ask me.

GuyCLO~
#219055 http://counter.li.org
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/guy.clotilde/index.html
Change your Linux PC in a Rythm Station with holborn's GMORGAN:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/guy.clotilde/GMORGAN/index.html
(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)