[PlanetCCRMA] Help on midi

Wed Sep 10 09:53:01 2003

> speciality of mine nor is midi. I have a midi kybrd
> that seems to work, using gmidimon i get output such
> as
> Note on (144) Ch 0 Data 1 56 Data 2 299
> Note on (99)  Ch 52 Data 99 Data 2 60
> Note on (0)  Ch 60 Data 1 0 Data 2 60
> so can i assume the kybrd is working?

Sounds like it is working...

> If i start up amsynth, ardour indicates that i have
> inputs of amsynth:L and R so i guess jackd is working
> for amsynth.
> I have tried looking for midi info resources via
> google etc but still am at a loss for what i need to
> get sound out of this keyboard and into ardour.Can
> anyone give me some clue as to what to do next ?

I'm not sure I understand what you want to do...

If you want to record the (audio) output of the external synth just
connect it to the line input of the soundcard, adjust levels with a
mixer (ie: gamix or qamix or alsamixer) and connect the proper inputs to
ardour.

If you want to control internal synths through MIDI you should connect
the output of the midi interface to the input of the synth using, for
example, kaconnect.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question.
-- Fernando