[PlanetCCRMA] Help on midi

andy gallag andy_95030@yahoo.com
Wed Sep 10 09:42:01 2003

Hi
i have been very happy w/ ardour- got
hydrogen,guitar,bass and vocals working great . I now
would like to record keyboards which is not a
speciality of mine nor is midi. I have a midi kybrd
that seems to work, using gmidimon i get output such
as
Note on (144) Ch 0 Data 1 56 Data 2 299
Note on (99)  Ch 52 Data 99 Data 2 60
Note on (0)  Ch 60 Data 1 0 Data 2 60
so can i assume the kybrd is working?
If i start up amsynth, ardour indicates that i have
inputs of amsynth:L and R so i guess jackd is working
for amsynth.
I have tried looking for midi info resources via
google etc but still am at a loss for what i need to
get sound out of this keyboard and into ardour.Can
anyone give me some clue as to what to do next ?
thanks
andy