[PlanetCCRMA] some stuff...

Ryan G. ryanpg@yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 15:41:01 2003

Nando,

Thanks again (I'll never be able to say it enough).

Now uh here's my *dream*; I want linux supercollider.  Has anyone
really put in any time getting/running sc3 on linux?  If you haven't
seen/heard this program/language you're deprived/missing out by the
way.

Seriously it's one of the easiest ways to create sound IMHO and there
is a nascent port to linux.  I wonder if things have moved along enough
to include it in the planet?

Otherwise I've come across some interesting apps (perhaps Nando between
your kernel compiling, building, packaging, researching, corresponding,
trouble-shooting, educating and whatever else you do you might cast an
eye over some of these links);

http://ambient.2y.net/soundscrape/ - SC style synthesis language

http://swiki.hfbk-hamburg.de:8888/MusicTechnology/558 - brief intro to
sc3 and linux