[PlanetCCRMA] arts on start stops

Wed Nov 26 11:36:02 2003

> I installed the planet and finally nvidia,
> now I remember that every time I start kde arts gives me a cpu overload
> error: Sound server fatal error: cpu overload, aborting.
>
> Do I need arts?? and what is causing this and how do I resolve it??

Arts is the kde "sound server". You don't need it unless you want to
hear all the beeps and system sounds. You won't be able to use any other
audio apps while arts is running so it is probably better to disable it.
I don't know much about arts so I don't know what the message means...

> I think that qjackctrl anyways disables arts when starting jack?

Used to, I don't know if the latest version does that.

> I wonder if this has something to do with the slowness under jack??

What are the specs of your system?
-- Fernando