[PlanetCCRMA] Soundcard woes!

Rory Walsh rorytheroar@yahoo.com
Wed Nov 26 07:39:02 2003

Thanks Derek, the reason I had redhat 8.0 installed
before I installed CCRMA. I am using Kylix to to
compile a C++ project I had done in windows and it
works fine in redaht 8.0 but I have heard not so well
version 9.0? Anyway here is the conf file, anything
you can see here which might be causing the problem?

#### Modified by oss-install ####

# Note! OSS/Linux doesn't use this file. All kernel
sound
# services have just been disabled during oss
installation.
alias char-major-14 off
alias char-major-116 off
alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
alias eth0 via-rhine
alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
alias usb-controller1 usb-uhci
alias ieee1394-controller ohci1394
# --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
# --- ALSACONF verion 0.9.0 ---
alias char-major-116 snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-via82xx
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
options snd major=116 cards_limit=1
options snd-via82xx index=0
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---

  --- derek holzer <derek@x-i.net> wrote: > hi Rory,